Keep Greek Culture Strong
Being an active part of your cultural community is important to your sense of identity and self-worth. The Hellenic Community can help you on that journey. But we need your help too: your annual membership fee will help keep all of our programs and services running. The annual support helps the Community to better budget and forecast future needs.
Why join the community?
- Support and grow the Greek community
- Reduced cost for many services such as the Banquet centre, school of Greek traditional dances, Hellenic school of Ottawa, etc.
- Nominate and vote for members you feel will best serve your community
- Vote at a general assembly and extraordinary meetings, which impact our community.
Advantages of Membership
- Fees are tax deductible
- The right to vote at Hellenic Community General Assemblies & Elections
- The right to purchase Ortho Dollars
- Reduction on Banquet Centre food cost, (2% per year of consecutive membership, to a maximum of 10% for a 5 year continuous membership, including present year)
- Half priced fees for the School of Greek Traditional Dances and Youth Groups
- No fees for Sunday School
- Free yearbook and church calendar
The annual Membership fees are due in January; whatever time of year they are paid, are valid for the calendar year (Jan-Dec). Payment can be made online, or by downloading the Membership form and mail or fax or by phone or in person at the Hellenic Community or Church offices on weekdays, or at Church on Sundays.
Annual Membership Fees
- $250 Family (couple with or without children, 2 votes)
- $125 Single Family (18 to 59 yrs of age, unmarried, or single parent, 1 vote)
- $200 Senior Family (2 votes, 1 60+)
- $180 Senior Family (2 votes, both 60+)
- $100 Senior Single (60+) or senior couple (1 vote)
- $125 Single
- $100 full time student (18-25 years)
- $500 All Inclusive Membership (2 children)
- $700 All Inclusive Membership (3 children)
- $900 All Inclusive Membership (4+ children)
- $1500 Corporate Membership (2 children/2 families)
- $1900 Corporate Membership (3 children/2 families)
- $2300 Corporate Membership (4+ children/2 families)
- $2000 Corporate Membership (2 children/3 families)
- $2600 Corporate Membership (3 children/3 families)
- $3200 Corporate Membership (4+ children/3 families)
How to Pay Membership Fees
- Online membership registration and renewal
- Download and complete the annual membership form (mail or fax it to us).
- At the Church on Sundays, or at the Community & Church Offices during regular business hours.
- Payment is accepted via: credit card (on the membership form, over the phone or in person), interact or cash (in person), or cheque payable to the Hellenic Community of Ottawa (mail or in person).