Welcome back from summer holidays! All the HCO’s 2018-2019 Youth programs are about to begin! These programs offer our HCO youth wonderful opportunities to connect & grow up together with their Greek Orthodox friends. Registration information is as follows:
Greek Language Courses
Hellenic School of Ottawa – Elementary Program (Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- The Hellenic School of Ottawa accepts children from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8.
- The school will run from September 15th, 2018, to June 15th, 2019.
- Classes will be held every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at D. Roy Kennedy Public School (919 Woodroffe Ave.).
- Registration Fees: $110 per child. (There are different fees for children from Quebec).
- Registrations, picking up the books and “Meet the Teacher”: Saturday, September 8th, 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- First Day of Classes: Saturday, September 15th, 9:00 a.m.
International Languages Program (Greek) – Secondary Program (Credit Course)
Classes are offered by the OCDSB at no charge for academic credits towards a secondary diploma
[Level 1 – (BD) Academic; Level 2 – (CU) and Level 3 (DU) University Preparation].
- The Credit Course Program will run from September 2018 to June 2019.
- Classes will be held every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Glebe Collegiate (212 Glebe Ave.)
- On-site registration and assessment: September 8th, between 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- To learn more please call 613-239-2703.
- Greek Language & Culture Courses – University of Ottawa – Information:
- Μοdern Greek Language Classes: Carleton University – Information: Greek@carleton.ca
Certificate of Attainment in Greek – Preparatory Classes
Preparatory classes for the exams for the Certificate of Attainment in Greek will take place at the Hellenic Community during the 2018-2019 academic year based on the number of participants.
School of Greek Traditional Dances and Odyssey Troupes
- The school accepts children born in 2013 and up.
- Classes will be held on Monday evenings (6:30-9:00 p.m. – different hours for each group) -and on Tuesdays for Odyssey- at the Community Centre and at the Church Hall.
- Registration will take place on Saturday, September 8th at D. Roy Kennedy Public School from at 6:00 p.m. at the Community Centre.Registration fee: $150.00/child for the Hellenic Community of Ottawa members and $260.00/child for non-members. (ΝΟΤΕ: Fees apply up until the age of 18)
- First Day of Classes: Monday, September 10th.
- 9:00-11:30 a.m. (together with the Hellenic School registration) and on Monday, September 10th,
The Sunday School accepts children from Junior Kindergarten (born in 2014 and up) to Grade 8.
- The registration for Sunday School will be held on Saturday, September 8th at D. Roy Kennedy Public School (919 Woodroffe Ave.) from 9:00-11:30 a.m. (together with the Hellenic School Registration) and on Sunday, September 9th, after Divine Liturgy in the Church Hall.
- Classes will commence on Sunday, September 16th at 10:15 a.m.
- There is no registration fee for HCO members; only $20 for supplies per family.
- Non-members are asked for $25 for books per child plus the $20 supplies fee per family.
The registration for all Youth Groups will be held on Saturday, September 8th at D. Roy Kennedy Public School from 9:00-11:30 a.m. (together with the Hellenic School Registration) and on Sunday, September 9th, after Divine Liturgy in the Church Hall along with Sunday School registration.
- H.O.P.E. Playgroup (newborn – 4 yrs of age) meets on Tuesday mornings from 9:30-11:30 a.m. in the Church Hall. The first day will be Tuesday, October 23rd. There is no registration fee for H.O.P.E. if you are a member. For non-members there is a $5.00 drop in fee.
- J.O.Y. (5 -10 yrs of age) & Junior G.O.Y.A. (11-12 yrs of age) groups usually meet the last Friday of each month, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., holding interesting activities in the Church Hall or going on field trips. This year, their first gathering will be Friday, September 21st. Registration is $25 per child for HCO members with the third child of the same family is free. The fee for non-members is $50/child.
- Senior G.O.Y.A. (13-18 yrs of age) gathers once or twice a month with Fr. Alex Michalopulos and their youth advisors for meetings, activities or retreats. All families of GOYA members must be paid members of the HCO. There is a fee for program expenses of $20 per family. There will be additional costs for special events, retreats and out of town trips.
For more information on the above programs please contact the
Church Office at 613-225-8016 ext. 222 (email@example.com)
or the HCO Office at 613-225-8016 ext. 221 (firstname.lastname@example.org)