Welcome To H.O.P.E. Playgroup
Hellenic Orthodox Preschool Education
|Directors of HOPE:||Email:||Phone:|
|Vanessa Tsimiklisemail@example.com||(613) 822-7040|
|Nancy Pezoulasfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 225-8016 ext. 222|
HOPE is a co-operative playgroup for families with young children (infant – 5 years) that are Greek Orthodox and Members of the Hellenic Community of Ottawa.
The objective of HOPE is to lead our young children into a living, active relationship with our Orthodox faith and Greek heritage. The events, which are all selected to be age-appropriate, allow plenty of opportunity for free and structured activities, as well as excellent social interaction for the adults who are required to accompany the children.
The group meets every Tuesday morning from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. in our Church Hall (basement). HOPE is run by volunteers so we ask that everyone contribute to the following routine tasks that must be done each Tuesday morning:
- Toy set up & clean up;
- Snack prep & clean up;
- Craft prep; and,
- Post-play clean up.
$75 /family for PAID Hellenic Community Members
$150 /family for NON-PAID Hellenic Community Members
A drop-in fee every time you attend of $3 per family for paid members of the Hellenic Community and $5 for non-paid members.
Accepted methods of payment for membership fees include cash, interact, Visa, MC, AMEX or cheque payable to: Hellenic Community of Ottawa. (Membership to the Community can be paid at time of registration.)
The Hellenic Community supports all the youth groups under the umbrella of the Church financially with an annual budget, which allows the fee to be as minimal as possible. All incoming monies go toward the purchase of snacks, juice, toys, craft supplies, as well as payment of any fees for special guests and field trips throughout the year.
Approximate Tuesday Morning Schedule
|9:30 – 10:25||Free Play|
|10:25 – 10:30||Toy clean up & hand washing|
|10:30 – 10:40||Snack Time (nut-free snack and juice provided)|
|10:40 – 10:45||Snack clean up|
|10:45 – 11:00||Circle time|
|11:00 – 11:20||Craft Time|
|11:20 – 11:30||Post-Play Clean up|
HOPE Playgroup: Important Dates 2016-2017
|September 13, 2016||First Day of Playgroup|
|October 25, 2016||Costume Party|
|December 20, 2016||Christmas Party|
|December 27, 2013||NO PLAYGROUP- Christmas Break|
|January 3, 2017||NO PLAYGROUP- New Year’s Break|
|January 10, 2017||Playgroup Resumes|
|February 14, 2017||Valentine’s Day Event|
|March 14, 2017||NO PLAYGROUP – March Break|
|April 11, 2017||NO PLAYGROUP – Holy Tuesday|
|April 18, 2017||Easter Party|
|June 20, 2017||Last Day of Playgroup|
- Every adult is entirely responsible for the behavior, whereabouts, and well-being of the child(ren) he/she is accompanying at all times. HOPE does not take any responsibility for the children, as this is a parent-supervised playgroup.
- Please do not bring your child to Playgroup with a cold, flu, or fever. We must protect the children, any expectant mothers and other adults from contagious illness.
- Since this is an Orthodox Christian Playgroup, the children are taught to make the sign of the cross before eating. All adults are asked to help the children with this.
- If you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday with Playgroup, please let one of the directors know in advance that you will be providing the snack for that day. All snacks brought for adults and children must be nut-free to protect children with serious food allergies.
- Remember to sign-in every time you attend, and to inform one of the Directors if there is any change to the information provided on your registration form for that year.
- Enjoy the opportunity to socialize with the children and your friends
- Please remember that the success of HOPE Playgroup requires the total support, interest, and participation of its members.