Why Become a Member?
Keep Greek Culture Strong
Being an active part of your cultural community is important to your sense of identity and self-worth. The Hellenic Community can help you on that journey. But we need your help too: your annual membership fee will help keep all of our programs and services running. The annual support helps the Community to better budget and forecast future needs.
Why join the community?
- Support and grow the Greek community
- Nominate and vote for members you feel will best serve your community
- Vote at a general assembly and extraordinary meetings, which impact our community.
Advantages of Membership
- Fees are tax deductible
- The right to vote at Hellenic Community General Assemblies & Elections
- The right to purchase Ortho Dollars
- Reduction on Banquet Centre food cost, (2% per year of consecutive membership, to a maximum of 10% for a 5 year continuous membership, including present year)
The annual Membership fees are due in January; whatever time of year they are paid, are valid for the calendar year (Jan-Dec). Payment can be made online, or by downloading the Membership form 2019 Membership form and mail or fax or by phone or in person at the Hellenic Community or Church offices on weekdays, or at Church on Sundays.
Annual Membership Fees (2019)
- $300 Family
- $240 Family ( Senior – at least one 60+)
- $150 Single
- $120 Single (Senior 60+)
- $60 Single (Full Time Student 18-25 yrs)
How to Pay Membership Fees
- Online membership registration and renewal
- Download and complete the annual membership form 2019 Membership form (mail or fax it to us).
- At the Church on Sundays, or at the Community & Church Offices during regular business hours.
- Payment is accepted via: credit card (on the membership form, over the phone or in person), interact or cash (in person), or cheque payable to the Hellenic Community of Ottawa (mail or in person).