Welcome to the School of Traditional Greek Dance!
What a fantastic year we have planned for students and parents alike!
The Dance School is focusing on keeping tradition alive by way of dancing programs from all parts of Greece, learning and singing music and appreciating costumes and heritage.
Many individuals work hard to make Greek Dance enjoyable and interesting.
The Dance School is comprised of six knowledgeable teachers, a Director and Community Liaison. Registration has grown significantly in the past few years and we hope to meet the ever growing needs and make this one of the best years yet.
We have included some general rules and responsibilities for both students and parents, contact information for the teachers and some important dates of which to be aware.
- Bring your child(ren) 10 minutes before class is to start to avoid any delays.
- Be timely in the pick-up of your child(ren) as there is often a class afterwards.
- No gum chewing or eating is allowed.
- Equip your child(ren) with a water bottle as kitchen facilities are closed and it does get hot in the rooms at times.
- If your child(ren) have a class in the Church Hall, use the link through the Banquet Centre for drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Wear proper running shoes and clothing to class.
- Be mindful and respectful of other children and teachers.
Dance school classes run on Mondays from September to May and we accept children aged 5-15 years of age.
For general inquires please contact the office administrator of the Hellenic Community of Ottawa.
Sign-up your child for a year filled with music, dance and fun in our Greek dance class!Register Now